Saturday, September 8, 2012

Where are we going??

I still remember the day in 2008 when IBM launched the Corporate Service Corps program.  I felt so proud to work for a company that would establish a month long leadership program focused on helping communities in emerging markets.  This year, I was fortunate enough to be selected for the Executive Service Corps program and have been anxiously awaiting information on where in the world I would be deployed for my assignment...Cambodia?  Malaysia?  China?

A few weeks ago, I got the letter I was waiting for:  Welcome to the Executive Service Corps Team - Pretoria.  First step, figure out where exactly Pretoria is!


Pretoria is one of three capitals in South Africa.  It is located in the Gauteng Province about an hour outside of Johannesburg.  It is part of the metropolitan municipality of Tshwane and has a population of 2.5M people.  I will be headed there this October along with my new teammates:
  
Join us on this journey as we get integrated into the corps program, understand our mission for the region and start our philanthropic adventure in South Africa.
#ibmcsc

4 comments:

  1. Getting very excited to start this journey! Latha -- nice job setting up our blog, but you need to post a picture of yourself too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Latha! Happy to hear you are going to Pretoria! I was there a couple of years ago, and a good friend of mine lives there! Let me know when you are going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Reto! The visit to your ski chalet is still one of my favorite trips ever :-) We will be in Pretoria most of October. Can't wait to dive in!

      Delete
  3. Latha, I am so excited for you and the executive team to make a difference in South Africa, and I am proud to work for a company that is devoted to improving the world while promoting our Smarter Planet strategy. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete